I am pissed. I bought my Lenovo X1 Yoga in the United States about a year and a half ago knowing I was moving abroad.

I bought all the warranties I could, making sure they would work abroad. About a month ago I opened my laptop only to have the back-case crack right above the hinge. The wiring was exposed and the screen started to come away from the case. I double checked the warranty and found the number to call here in Japan.

It took me a week to get through. During the week I tried to use their internal message system. It said I didn’t not have access. When I got through, they said to try messaging them.

I did and they said, sorry try emailing us. So, I did. The person on the email told me that the warranty wasn’t valid and I would have to pay for it. I asked them why the warranty wasn’t valid, how much it would be, and how long it would take and gave them a time to pick up my machine.

The time came and went with no one picking it up and no answers. I emailed them again that night (about 2 weeks ago) and it took them several more days to reply. I was then told that I needed a warranty upgrade and that I would still need to rebuy Windows (which I already own on this machine), but not told where to buy this warranty, how much the warranty would cost, how much the repairs would cost without the warranty, or how long it would take. They also said something about contacting the Lenovo US team.

I then searched online for this upgrade and could not find anything about it. I have tried looking for other upgrades (couldn’t find anything). I tried instant messaging the US team, but because I am not in the US or Canada it won’t work. I tried using the internal message system again and did not receive a response.

At least it worked this time? Because they have delayed and have not communicated with me, the screen is now shattered above the hinge and has a big crack. This is really not alright with me and I need this to do my work. It still has not been fixed and I am worried the machine will die soon.

I need Lenovo to uphold their warranty and replace my machine with no extra cost, and fast! So much for #1 in customer service.

TL;DR My laptop broke and Lenovo won't fix or replace it as their warranty says they must. Their customer service won't communicate with me and is causing further damage.

Product or Service Mentioned: Lenovo Laptop Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Spending hours on the phone with customer support, Products when they work, When my laptop actually worked.

I didn't like: Repair service within warranty, Runaround, Being lied to, Not being communicated with.

• Lenovo Warranty
  • International Problems
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 22, 2017.

Comments