1.5K views

I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store.After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed to it.

It happened because the hinge was too tight and the plastic frame of the lid was flimsy. Fortunately, the LED display did not break. The local Lenovo authorized dealer took it in for servicing and promised to replace the faulty parts. After three months or so, they returned the laptop to me after replacing the plastic casing that broke.

However, they did not replace the faulty hinge that caused the breakage. Therefore, the lid and display will break again, in a matter of another 6 months.

However, the 1 year warranty will be over by then and will cost me more than 300 USD for repairs.This is unacceptable.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of lenovo laptop from Lenovo and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Lenovo to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Lenovo for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Lenovo?

Comments

Lenovo will not do anything about this problem if the computer is more than 6 months out of warranty. Seems like a class action waiting to happen.

Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom #1195976

lenovo ideapad u530 this is the worst model, my hinges broke and a few days later the screen started cracking, i have just realised my warranty ran out a few months ago and im left with a laptop which i paid over a 1000 pounds for now in the bin - please well away what a rip off - will never buy lenovo again

Kingston, Tennessee, United States #1176353

Same Problem with m U530 ideapad

Did u get it resolved? I have the same problem now and warra ty expired what should I do?