I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store.After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed to it.
It happened because the hinge was too tight and the plastic frame of the lid was flimsy. Fortunately, the LED display did not break. The local Lenovo authorized dealer took it in for servicing and promised to replace the faulty parts. After three months or so, they returned the laptop to me after replacing the plastic casing that broke.
However, they did not replace the faulty hinge that caused the breakage. Therefore, the lid and display will break again, in a matter of another 6 months.
However, the 1 year warranty will be over by then and will cost me more than 300 USD for repairs.This is unacceptable.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was..."
- "I purchased a Dell Optiplex 780 model refurbished PC from Wal-Mart Online and will regret it until my dying day! It was $275 + $47 for the Wal-Mart Product Care..."
- "I made an order of 270$ After one day, they delete my order without any appreciable reason, and without a way of replying them. And they wrote me "you will get..."
- "I brought a upart wig off Alliexpress, first time using the site it was recommened by a friend... Once I received my cap I was right away disappointed... It was..."
- "I just got a Sony MDR-XB400 Extra Bass Over the Ear Headphones Black but the product is not look exactly like it should be in Lazada' page...."
- "I fell for the lovely vintage leather wrap watch, reduced from £24.99 to £4.99. plus £3.75 p&p. Total £8.74. 'IN STOCK, fast delivery 2-4 days' 'Money back guarantee.' But time passed..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."