Featured 100% full Not resolved
2.4

Update by user Dec 07, 2014

Update

Lenovo delivered the laptop back to me without fixing the screen.

After about two weeks of waiting I called them up to inquire.

I was told that they did not have the parts and could not fix the screen. They wanted to send it back to me so that I could send it back to the seller, with some kind of credit note or note of confidence from Lenovo, and have the seller resend it in from their end.

I told Lenovo to just send it back with the screen broken and that I would get it fixed privately. It's been nearly three months since I first sent it in and I need the machine in order to do work.

I can only imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had gone along with their advise. Another thing is that the seller had no part in this damage. It was done by Lenovo or their courier.

I don't think they would have been interested in the whole matter.

This whole experience has been tiring, to say the least, and I just want to get on with things now.

I am so disappointed with Lenovo and will never buy their products or spread a good word about them ever again.As these massive multinational corporations take over the world, they're gaining negative self confidence and seem to feel like they can do anything, that people will inevitably buy their goods and therefore don't need to concentrate on consumer care (for lack of a better word)

Update by user Nov 06, 2014

Bad news...

A few hours ago someone (certainly connected to Lenovo) added a comment, using my own user name, to this complaint.You can read it below, it's the first comment.

It basically says that I lied about this whole thing from the beginning and that I had caused the damage to the screen myself before I sent it to them. Anyone can see that this post is out of place and doesn't sound legit.

Lenovo has called and confirmed that they will repair the screen THAT THEY DAMAGED and cover the costs.

However, I do not have the machine in my possession yet and, after seeing what has happened in the comment section, am worried that it will not reach me (technical delays, general delays, blah blah, anything to get out of having to pay for their own faulty handling)

This matter should remain 'unresolved' until I have a fully working machine in my possession.I have no trust for this company anymore.

Update by user Nov 06, 2014

Lenovo has agreed to fix the screen for free as a 'gesture of good will' they too agree that there is a chance the machine was damaged in transit (their own couriers)

I'm satisfied and honestly surprised by the turn of events.

Original review posted by user Nov 04, 2014

I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen was also broken (large ink blotches over the right side) It looks as if it had been dropped or misshandled in some way.

They are saying the screen was broken before I sent it in.

I have no proof to say otherwise and they know it.

Nelson, the man who I have been dealing will not return my calls or emails.I feel so cheated by this company right now.

Review about: Lenovo Laptop.

Preferred solution: I want my screen fixed free of charge..

I liked: Initial contact.

I didn't like: Being cheated.

Had an Experience with Lenovo?

Comments

#902086

We have checked into our files and the IP address admitting that the screen was broken by David Blahart as well as the original review and all replies under DavidBlahart account all have the same IP address and are all posted from Boosbeck, England.

Markham, Ontario, Canada #901437

bump

to KevinRichards Boosbeck, England, United Kingdom #901493

Mr Marshall, I will get the administrators to varify that that comment was not made by my account.

to KevinRichards #901396

How do you know they are not fixing it, Mr Richards? They've agreed to fix it as a 'gesture of good will'. Do you know something that I do not?

to Davidblahart Southlake, Texas, United States #901839

Ah, he strikes again...

Seattle, Washington, United States #900105

I don't know what they're called in the UK, or if such a thing even exists, but here in the US there is a thing called a Notary Public. Essentially, they are professional witnesses, used for witnessing documents being signed and the like.

They charge for the service, but it might be a good idea to hire one to witness you boxing up a laptop, taking a Polaroid picture of the laptop in the box and the box sealed, and then have them affix their seal to a written note on the back of each photo saying what it depicts.

If it's possible, it would certainly help in a potential future lawsuit if anything goes wrong.

Orange, California, United States #897748

It appears now that you are commenting as other people pretending they are siding with you. Now I know that you are surely lying when you said you did not make those comments about breaking the screen yourself. You are pathetic.

to KevinRichards #898475

Kevin Richards, you've come here with racial slurs, worrying levels of anger and all kinds of accusations.For goodness sake, man, you've posted this same message 4 or 5 times.

You need to calm down, you're looking like the fool here, don't you see.

I have only ever posted as myself and anyway, these comments are detour from the main point- Lenovo has agreed to fix the screen, that either they or their couriers broke, and all will be resolved once I've received a fully working machine from them.And that hasn't happened yet.

Orange, California, United States #897745