Lenovo - I am being made to pay £70 for a screen I did not break.

79 of 150 Lenovo reviews

Update added by user Dec 07, 2014

Update

Lenovo delivered the laptop back to me without fixing the screen.

After about two weeks of waiting I called them up to inquire.

I was told that they did not have the parts and could not fix the screen. They wanted to send it back to me so that I could send it back to the seller, with some kind of credit note or note of confidence from Lenovo, and have the seller resend it in from their end.

I told Lenovo to just send it back with the screen broken and that I would get it fixed privately. It's been nearly three months since I first sent it in and I need the machine in order to do work.

I can only imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had gone along with their advise. Another thing is that the seller had no part in this damage. It was done by Lenovo or their courier.

I don't think they would have been interested in the whole matter.

This whole experience has been tiring, to say the least, and I just want to get on with things now.

I am so disappointed with Lenovo and will never buy their products or spread a good word about them ever again.As these massive multinational corporations take over the world, they're gaining negative self confidence and seem to feel like they can do anything, that people will inevitably buy their goods and therefore don't need to concentrate on consumer care (for lack of a better word)

Update added by user Nov 06, 2014

Bad news...

A few hours ago someone (certainly connected to Lenovo) added a comment, using my own user name, to this complaint.You can read it below, it's the first comment.

It basically says that I lied about this whole thing from the beginning and that I had caused the damage to the screen myself before I sent it to them. Anyone can see that this post is out of place and doesn't sound legit.

Lenovo has called and confirmed that they will repair the screen THAT THEY DAMAGED and cover the costs.

However, I do not have the machine in my possession yet and, after seeing what has happened in the comment section, am worried that it will not reach me (technical delays, general delays, blah blah, anything to get out of having to pay for their own faulty handling)

This matter should remain 'unresolved' until I have a fully working machine in my possession.I have no trust for this company anymore.

Update added by user Nov 06, 2014

Lenovo has agreed to fix the screen for free as a 'gesture of good will' they too agree that there is a chance the machine was damaged in transit (their own couriers)

I'm satisfied and honestly surprised by the turn of events.

Original review posted by user Nov 04, 2014

I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen was also broken (large ink blotches over the right side) It looks as if it had been dropped or misshandled in some way.

They are saying the screen was broken before I sent it in.

I have no proof to say otherwise and they know it.

Nelson, the man who I have been dealing will not return my calls or emails.I feel so cheated by this company right now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Being cheated

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
I want my screen fixed free of charge.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Lenovo Laptop
Review category
Computers
review #553897 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lenovo? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
79 of 150 Lenovo reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
pissed consumer support

Nov 18, 2014 #902086

We have checked into our files and the IP address admitting that the screen was broken by David Blahart as well as the original review and all replies under DavidBlahart account all have the same IP address and are all posted from Boosbeck, England.

Nov 16, 2014 #901396

How do you know they are not fixing it, Mr Richards? They've agreed to fix it as a 'gesture of good will'. Do you know something that I do not?

Gindjurra

Nov 14, 2014 #900105 Seattle, Washington, United States

I don't know what they're called in the UK, or if such a thing even exists, but here in the US there is a thing called a Notary Public. Essentially, they are professional witnesses, used for witnessing documents being signed and the like.
They charge for the service, but it might be a good idea to hire one to witness you boxing up a laptop, taking a Polaroid picture of the laptop in the box and the box sealed, and then have them affix their seal to a written note on the back of each photo saying what it depicts.
If it's possible, it would certainly help in a potential future lawsuit if anything goes wrong.

Nov 09, 2014 #897748 Orange, California, United States

It appears now that you are commenting as other people pretending they are siding with you. Now I know that you are surely lying when you said you did not make those comments about breaking the screen yourself. You are pathetic.

0 4 Reply

Nov 11, 2014 #898475

Kevin Richards, you've come here with racial slurs, worrying levels of anger and all kinds of accusations. For goodness sake, man, you've posted this same message 4 or 5 times. You need to calm down, you're looking like the fool here, don't you see.
I have only ever posted as myself and anyway, these comments are detour from the main point- Lenovo has agreed to fix the screen, that either they or their couriers broke, and all will be resolved once I've received a fully working machine from them. And that hasn't happened yet.

Nov 09, 2014 #897745 Orange, California, United States

Nov 09, 2014 #897740 Orange, California, United States

Nov 09, 2014 #897739 Orange, California, United States

Nov 09, 2014 #897738 Orange, California, United States

Nov 07, 2014 #896549

David, I sincerely apologise for my trolling and ignorant comments below.

Nov 07, 2014 #896553

No worries at all, mate. Keep well.

Nov 09, 2014 #897737 Orange, California, United States

Nov 07, 2014 #896547

I am not the Davidblahart that started this thread. I find it quite surprising that anyone can post a comment under any username on here. The type of impersonation/trolling seen below must be pretty widespread.
Get some better software, pissedconsumer.com!

Nov 07, 2014 #896503

Also you are lying if you said the "hacker" is connected to the company, so how do we know that you did not lie about making that post telling us to lie about how the screen was broken. I have no trust in you. I bet the truth is the company saw your message and are not going to fix the laptop because they know you broke it. Next time you want to lie do it AFTER you get the machine back. It is foolish to let them know that you laid one over them before you got the machine back. Liar, they did not post that comment, you did. What other lies are you going to tell. You British are dishonest people.

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lenovo. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lenovo.
Filing a new complaint about
×