Lenovo - I am being made to pay £70 for a screen I did not break.
Update added by user Dec 07, 2014
Lenovo delivered the laptop back to me without fixing the screen.
After about two weeks of waiting I called them up to inquire.
I was told that they did not have the parts and could not fix the screen. They wanted to send it back to me so that I could send it back to the seller, with some kind of credit note or note of confidence from Lenovo, and have the seller resend it in from their end.
I told Lenovo to just send it back with the screen broken and that I would get it fixed privately. It's been nearly three months since I first sent it in and I need the machine in order to do work.
I can only imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had gone along with their advise. Another thing is that the seller had no part in this damage. It was done by Lenovo or their courier.
I don't think they would have been interested in the whole matter.
This whole experience has been tiring, to say the least, and I just want to get on with things now.
I am so disappointed with Lenovo and will never buy their products or spread a good word about them ever again.As these massive multinational corporations take over the world, they're gaining negative self confidence and seem to feel like they can do anything, that people will inevitably buy their goods and therefore don't need to concentrate on consumer care (for lack of a better word)
Update added by user Nov 06, 2014
A few hours ago someone (certainly connected to Lenovo) added a comment, using my own user name, to this complaint.You can read it below, it's the first comment.
It basically says that I lied about this whole thing from the beginning and that I had caused the damage to the screen myself before I sent it to them. Anyone can see that this post is out of place and doesn't sound legit.
Lenovo has called and confirmed that they will repair the screen THAT THEY DAMAGED and cover the costs.
However, I do not have the machine in my possession yet and, after seeing what has happened in the comment section, am worried that it will not reach me (technical delays, general delays, blah blah, anything to get out of having to pay for their own faulty handling)
This matter should remain 'unresolved' until I have a fully working machine in my possession.I have no trust for this company anymore.
Update added by user Nov 06, 2014
Lenovo has agreed to fix the screen for free as a 'gesture of good will' they too agree that there is a chance the machine was damaged in transit (their own couriers)
I'm satisfied and honestly surprised by the turn of events.
Original review posted by user Nov 04, 2014
I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen was also broken (large ink blotches over the right side) It looks as if it had been dropped or misshandled in some way.
They are saying the screen was broken before I sent it in.
I have no proof to say otherwise and they know it.
Nelson, the man who I have been dealing will not return my calls or emails.I feel so cheated by this company right now.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Initial contact
What I disliked
- Being cheated
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I want my screen fixed free of charge.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lenovo Laptop
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The worst built all in one. Has a stand made for picture frame on a 20 inch monitor fell over several times once cutting my my hand. Lenovo all in..."
- "I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box. The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box. The..."
- "Bought two ASUS X200CA touch screen laptops at Best Buy for about $250 ea. Computers work really well. However, both no longer charge due to faulty DC-IN charging port design...."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I paid for my order on the 26/08/15 via PayPal was told my order would be with me in 7working day. I have not received the order the seller is..."
- "Please see my first email Hello I called the Bristol store yesterday regarding a problem with my bangle I had my bangle from my mum New years Day she purchased this is Australia..."