Lenovo - Do Not Buy

I purchased the Ideapad Y700 laptop through Lenovo at the beginning of this month for my daughters 18th birthday at the end of this month.It arrived on 11/20.

Upon opening it and beginning the process of setting it up I opened the Nvidia Geforce panel in the right corner and saw that there was a driver update. I clicked update and it immediately gave my an error saying Nvidia could not be found. So I got on the phone with tech support who at first refused to help me because they said I was having a “software issue” after frantically explaining to them that I had just received this laptop today they agreed to take remote control of the machine. After several minutes the technician told me that my graphics card was not fitted properly in and that this was actually a hardware issue and I would need to send back the laptop...WHAT?!?!...so here I am with a brand new laptop with hardware issues already boxed and sitting on my kitchen floor to go back.

I’m left with nothing to give my daughter for her 18th birthday. I truly believe when a company shows you who they really are through poor quality products that you should listen. I’ll be sending this back for refund and investing my money and time elsewhere.

The time that I spent on Lenovo should have gone towards giving my daughter the best 18th I could….that I won’t be able to get back.I suggest you do your research before purchasing Lenovo, start with consumer complaints there are a lot of them!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Lenovo Y700 Ideapad
Review category
review #738401 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Lenovo? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 18, 2015 #1080685

I have this notebook and encountered the same error message. It is an issue with the Geforce Experience software which is supposed to automatically update the video driver for the 960M. About 5 minutes on Google would have told you to manually update the driver from the Nvidia site which also would have patched the GeForce Experience program so auto updates would now work properly. There was NO hardware issue with the Lenovo Y700. If you are not prepared to deal with some occasional driver issues, quite common in Windows 10, then buy an Apple and quit bashing the Y700 & Lenovo on multiple forums. This was an Nvidia software issue that occurs on other PC's & laptops too. Lenovo support was initially correct in telling you it was a SOFTWARE issue.

4 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lenovo. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lenovo.
Filing a new complaint about