I purchased the Ideapad Y700 laptop through Lenovo at the beginning of this month for my daughters 18th birthday at the end of this month.It arrived on 11/20.
Upon opening it and beginning the process of setting it up I opened the Nvidia Geforce panel in the right corner and saw that there was a driver update. I clicked update and it immediately gave my an error saying Nvidia could not be found. So I got on the phone with tech support who at first refused to help me because they said I was having a “software issue” after frantically explaining to them that I had just received this laptop today they agreed to take remote control of the machine. After several minutes the technician told me that my graphics card was not fitted properly in and that this was actually a hardware issue and I would need to send back the laptop...WHAT?!?!...so here I am with a brand new laptop with hardware issues already boxed and sitting on my kitchen floor to go back.
I’m left with nothing to give my daughter for her 18th birthday. I truly believe when a company shows you who they really are through poor quality products that you should listen. I’ll be sending this back for refund and investing my money and time elsewhere.
The time that I spent on Lenovo should have gone towards giving my daughter the best 18th I could….that I won’t be able to get back.I suggest you do your research before purchasing Lenovo, start with consumer complaints there are a lot of them!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lenovo Y700 Ideapad
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a lenovo g4030 on jan 22, 2015. it was supposedly a gift for myself since my bday is on feb 9th. unfortunately there was a problem with the..."
- "I ordered 3 7" iRola Android Tablets DX752 for my kids for Christmas. I purchased them at the end of November. My kids played on them for 1 day and..."
- "I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen..."
- "Elvis was seen on 9/22 for a urinary blockage, Dr. Singh informed us Elvis would die if we didnâ€™t have the blockage removed and refused to put him to sleep..."
- "Black Optix Tint & Audio tinted and installed a stereo system in my brand ne Corvette. This is the best tint and audio company that I have ever frequented, I..."
- "After three attempts they still cannot seem to get it together. I've had three teams and none of them seem to be able to keep it together and get..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."