Style and Design

I purchased the Ideapad Y700 laptop through Lenovo at the beginning of this month for my daughters 18th birthday at the end of this month.It arrived on 11/20.

Upon opening it and beginning the process of setting it up I opened the Nvidia Geforce panel in the right corner and saw that there was a driver update. I clicked update and it immediately gave my an error saying Nvidia could not be found. So I got on the phone with tech support who at first refused to help me because they said I was having a “software issue” after frantically explaining to them that I had just received this laptop today they agreed to take remote control of the machine. After several minutes the technician told me that my graphics card was not fitted properly in and that this was actually a hardware issue and I would need to send back the laptop...WHAT?!?!...so here I am with a brand new laptop with hardware issues already boxed and sitting on my kitchen floor to go back.

I’m left with nothing to give my daughter for her 18th birthday. I truly believe when a company shows you who they really are through poor quality products that you should listen. I’ll be sending this back for refund and investing my money and time elsewhere.

The time that I spent on Lenovo should have gone towards giving my daughter the best 18th I could….that I won’t be able to get back.I suggest you do your research before purchasing Lenovo, start with consumer complaints there are a lot of them!

Review about: Lenovo Laptop.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Lenovo?

Comments

I have this notebook and encountered the same error message.It is an issue with the Geforce Experience software which is supposed to automatically update the video driver for the 960M.

About 5 minutes on Google would have told you to manually update the driver from the Nvidia site which also would have patched the GeForce Experience program so auto updates would now work properly. There was NO hardware issue with the Lenovo Y700. If you are not prepared to deal with some occasional driver issues, quite common in Windows 10, then buy an Apple and quit bashing the Y700 & Lenovo on multiple forums.

This was an Nvidia software issue that occurs on other PC's & laptops too.Lenovo support was initially correct in telling you it was a SOFTWARE issue.