1.5
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Dates laptop was in repair from 01/16/17-04/15/17: Lenovo declined to repair nor offer refund although within one year warranty period. Summary of Repair Dates: • At Micro Center from 01/16/17-03/22/17 and Micro Center tried to replace parts but laptop did not work; suggested to send to Lenovo for repair • At Lenovo warehouse 03/22/17-04/12/17, contacted them and they did not know when laptop would get fixed 1st repair place Micro Center, 2nd repair place Lenovo Warehouse and 3rd repair place Computer Hospital: On January 16, 2017 when Lenovo Thinkpad laptop was turned on it turned to black screen.

Since the laptop first arrived, I used it for 5 minutes before the backscreen went dark and never turned back on. I immediately contacted Lenovo. Lenovo said since it’s under warranty to drop it off at Micro Center. After several broken replacement parts were sent to Micro Center, the Micro Center representative contacted me.

He recommended that the laptop get mailed to Lenovo for repairs. The laptop was mailed from Microcenter to Lenovo. It stayed at Lenovo warehouse through 04/12/17. I contacted them Lenovo regularly and they never able to give an estimated date to fix issue.

I contacted Lenovo customer service representative IT on Monday, 04/10/17 to request status on when repair will get completed. They could not offer a date when laptop would get repaired. That same day, I contacted Lenovo customer service. They told me in order to get a refund that I would need to get laptop back from Lenovo IT warehouse.

Once I get it back in my possession to call back Lenovo customer service and they would assist me. I called the Lenovo IT warehouse but they refused to help me. I called back Lenovo customer service and told them what happened. Then, Lenovo customer service contacted the Lenovo IT warehouse.

The warehouse released the broken laptop and shipped it back to Micro Center. Email from Micro Center, Erika Aguilera on strange Lenovo repair status: Thu 4/13/2017, 8:15 PM “Hello D, Your unit has arrived. I was just curious as to what happened. You are able to pick it up when it is most convenient for you.

Lenovo Machine Type: 20F6 Lenovo S/N: PC0H9JC7 Lenovo Service Request: CQ9GPNP Thank you, Erika A. Parts Coordinator From: D. Antezana [mailto: @hotmail.com] Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2017 1:53 PM To: Erika A. Subject: RE: Update on RP1701141028 Hello Erika Yes, they did not know the deadline when it would get fixed.

They said they were waiting on cable since it first arrived to their location. Has the laptop arrived at Microcenter? Thank you, Diana “ Lenovo’s Refusal to Assist: April 2017 I picked up laptop Saturday 04/15/17 from Micro Center. Then, I contacted Lenovo customer service.

They said I could get a refund when the laptop is in my possession. I called Lenovo on 04/17/17 and told them I picked up laptop from Micro Center. I left a message for case manager to call me back. Case manager left a message and said my case number is 02872861.

I left message with Lenovo case manager on 04/21/17. Case manager emailed me on 04/21/17. He said that I need to send him the Micro Center documentation to request refund. I sent him copy of micro Center date log of Thinkpad issues that occurred from January 16, 2017 through April 12, 2017.

He said after he receives documentation he would call me back to discuss how to get refund. After the phone call with him, I did not hear back and I contacted him again but he did not return my calls. I also called the help line and they left him a message. After several voicemails and emails that I left with him, I decided to call MasterCard.

I contacted MasterCard April 25, 2017 and notified them of broken Thinkpad. They contacted Lenovo and were ignored by their inquiry. Issue Resolved Within Warranty Period – But Paid Out of Pocket a Total of $353.10 Two charges that exceeded past warranty due to Lenovo declining to repair laptop or give a refund. The charges total $303.10 on 12/14/2017 for motherboard repairs and second charge is for $50 for motherboard serial configuration.

Both incurred at the same repair center: Computer Hospital.

Warranty Period Covered Through from December 2016 - December 2017 I searched online through Lenovo and it showed I was under warranty through December 2017 though they declined to repair laptop or give me a refund if I sent them the laptop back. See below for warranty:https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x260/20f6/20f6cto1ww/pc0h9jc7/warranty Warranty & Repair X260 Laptop (ThinkPad) Change Product Serial Number: PC0H9JC7 Machine Type Model: 20F6CTO1WW Operating System Windows 10 (64-bit) User Guide Machine Info Out of warranty0 days remaining Extend Upgrade Warranty RSS Alerts 0 Warranty Status:No Active Entitlement • Product Information:X260 Laptop (ThinkPad) • SN: PC0H9JC7 • Machine Type:20F6 • Model:20F6CTO1WW • Ship-To Location: United States of America Terms and Conditions | Register | Get Help TypeIDStart DateEnd DateDays remainingStatus Base1EZ2016-12-052017-12-140Expired

Review about: Lenovo Thinkpad X260 Laptop.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Fast delivery.

I didn't like: Runaround, Not being communicated with, Customer service.

Comments